Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Post Surgery Vol. 2

This post is long overdue.

The past few weeks have been a pretty consistent linear climb to getting back to fully functional. I went in for my two week post-op appointment and was able to get my stitches out which was a relief because I can actually take a shower without worrying about getting the stitches wet. The sterile strip in the scar in the back of my shoulder fell off today and the scar is barely noticeable.

I made it my goal to get at least 10,000 steps on my fitbit each day, I have only missed that goal one day since I set it. I have been making myself get up and go walking early in the day since it has been so hot and humid the past few weeks.

I started physical therapy on Thursday and i have limited range of motion until I am four weeks out and then I can get a bit more before I am cleared to be out of my sling (my appointments is in 22 days, not that I'm counting).

Overall I am still happy with how everything has gone. I have tightened up my nutrition so that I am not gaining weight since my activity level is lower than normal. I have also been able to refocus and devote a good amount of time to working on my Precision Nutrition Level 1 certification.

It is a waiting game to make sure this labrum is completely healed and once I get to the 6 week mark I will be good to go to start getting my activity levels back up to where I want them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment