Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Reflections of a 24 yr old

Today I turn a quarter of a century old. The big 2-5. Officially closer to 30 than 20, and any other thing you can say about being in the smack dab middle of your 20s. With that, like last year I will reflect on some important things that happened to me as a 24 yr old.


  • I realized  I didn't like who I was and quit a job that was affecting my behavior outside of work
  • I applied for lots of different jobs and cautiously said no, because they all weren't good fits.
  • I started dealing with my unnecessary anxiety head on
  • I had shoulder surgery
  • I took a temporary customer service job and a fun 3 weeks and vowed to always be nice when I am on the other side of the phone
  • I got a job in the fitness field that paid a decent salary and had benefits
  • I started working with a population I had never worked with before.
  • I got myself on my own financially
  • I started to feel like a full human being again (two fully functioning shoulders)
  • I got a text message out of the blue that has changed my life forever :)
  • I learned to be myself in personal relationships
  • I witnessed on of my favorite teams win a championship in person. WE WON THE CUP!!!!
  • I got an offer for an opportunity that couldn't be passed up
  • I fell in love (the real kind)
  • I've become not afraid of the fallout

As you can see from the list above as I turned 24 life was at a rocky place, it only got worse but it made me tackle things head on and not just push them to the side. It was after that that I realized how good life could be and I can say that I am the happiest I have been in a long while. Here is to it continuing as I officially become an old man ;)

-DJB


No comments:

Post a Comment