Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Art, and the fun doing it


I have had more time on my hands recently. It is time to use that time productively and get some writing done.

This morning I finished The Icarus Decpetion, Seth Godin's latest book and it was time for me to suck it up and finish it, I bought it in January. I usually breeze through his works and really enjoy reading them. It was a bigger factor that it took me a longer time to get the book back off the shelf and finish it. Life has been interesting for me in the past few months with multiple waves of instability and being unsure thrown my way.

The sum substance of the book is to make art, and make it well, if it isn't clicking with an audience, find a different one and make better art. There lies my problem. I have been complacent without making art, therefore regretting the opportunities not taken. It is time to start again making the art and realize the journey and process is the fun of it.

Art isnt your typical paintings or drawings (however in my case part of my art is my black and white ink drawings) but it is doing the work that you love to do and putting the effort in to care about the work. When I give myself a chance to reflect on the art I can make everyday I realize how important the art is and what can be done to make a difference no matter what size.

No comments:

Post a Comment