Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

backwards to go forwards

As much as I have not wanted to have surgery in the past to fix the SLAP tear in my shoulder, it is time to get it taken care of. I may not be looking forward to 6 weeks of my dominant arm in a sling but in the long run if I am able to throw without pain again and even possibly get back into the pool again I am ready to do so.

Going backwards to go forwards isn't something that most people like to do, I know I don't but I need to, and it is frustrating because we all have an ego that doesn't want to go back to that beginner or novice level, no matter what the situation. However, in my case this scenario provides (forces) me opportunities to learn how to do things with my right arm. I may even try and teach myself how to write right handed giving me a shot to write legibly for once in my life.

When you have to regress to go forwards realize that it provides great learning opportunities that you might not have been forced to do before. Don't take a narrow frame to the situation and realize that going backwards before you go forwards is the direction you need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment