Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Coach vs. Coach

A lot of people call themselves coaches or trainers however seeing a person coach or train is a totally different story. The action of coaching is what makes a person a coach, not just because they call themselves it. It doesn't matter if it is fitness or sports or even life, some action has to be taken by the coach to coach. However it seems that we can get lost along the way and that a title is more important than the action. I have been spoiled in the fast of I have been taught to coach on many different topics. Was I good at it whatever I was coaching at first? probably not, but I had a coach supervising that coached me on how to get better. This coaching helped me become a better coach whether it be swimming, strength and conditioning or other topics.

If we as coaches don't coach our clients and athletes we are doing them a disservice. We are not educating them on what they need to improve on and we are not doing our jobs to make them better. Coaches coach not babysit.

So go coach to be a coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment